THE BEST SERIES AWARD WENT TO THE ARGENTINEAN “MIGRANTS STORIES”
The award for the Best Series, endowed with 1,000 Euros, went to the Argentinean web series “Historias Migrantes” (“Migrant Stories”) directed by Mariano Pozzi. Each episode follows a character in Buenos Aires, e.g. Agustín, who has come by bus from Bolivia and finds himself without documents and money, that have been stolen, or Lucero, who works illegally in a sewing factory being exploited by her employer. The different characters crossroads while trying to survive in the society where they hope for a better life.
The Jury’s statement:
“Migrant Stories is a touching, well produced, and entertaining series that at the same time gives an insight into a common and contemporary social topic. It deals with the uncertainty what the next day brings and how people deal with their everyday problems under those circumstances. The protagonists took us on their journey and let us participate in an emotional experience that many people are never confronted with. Shining a light on a reality that isn’t represented broadly in the media. We are grateful for that experience and we hope that the creators are able to continue to tell their stories.”
TRUE DEMON: THE WINNER OF THE EVENING AT DIE SERIALE AWARD CEREMONY 2020
The German mystery/horror series “True Demon” directed by Jan Zenker won the most awards: Best Camera (Max Lais), Best Editing (Hanno von Contzen, Jan Zenker), Best Sound Design and Best Visual Effects for depicting how a group of young people on a camping holiday searching for a friend who has disappeared under mysterious circumstances, encounter brutal creatures and conspiracy. The friends document their involuntary adventure with their own cameras and share their feelings with us viewers.
ALL THE WINNERS OF DIE SERIALE 2020
Here below you can find all the winners of Die Seriale 6th edition. As we’ve already said, Die Seriale rocked this digital event, even though we hope to attend the festival offline next year. If you are wondering… Die Seriale’s 7th edition will take place from June 2nd to 7th, 2021. Stay tuned for updates and follow the festival on Facebook and Instagram
- Haus Kummerveldt (Germany), directed by Mark Lorei, won two prizes: Best Actress (Milena Straube) and Best Costume Design (Emily Schumann)
- The Square Root (USA) by Misti Boland and Jeremy Osbern was awarded for Best Director
- The Luxembourg series W. won the award for Best Screenplay
- The Innovation Award was given to the Italian Mystery Game-Series La Festa Triste, directed by Mattia Marcucci
- The sequel to the German mystery thriller series Anomalie by the Darmstadt Christian Stadach won the Best Production Design
- The award for Best Actor went to Vladimir Kanuhin for his role in Millionaire from Balashikha.
- The web series The Runner won the Best original score
- The Best supporting actress award went to Neomi Knecht for her performance in The Y Theory!
- The Best supporting actor award went to Fabrice Robert for his role in Seltsam
- The web series Carpark Clubbing was awarded as Best Ensemble Cast
- Spike and Dadda and its funny characters won the award of Best animation
- The Best Documentary award went to Walls of disorder
- The award for Best Pilot went to the New Zealander series Constance
View this post on Instagram
Thank you so much to everyone around the world who joined us at the 6th edition of DIE SERIALE and supported us to make this year’s edition happen! ❤️ In these unusual and difficult times, it was a wonderful experience to meet you all virtually and we all felt a bit closer together. This year’s virtual festival was until now our most challenging edition and we could only do it with the help of you all! We are grateful for all the support and the beautiful time. We would like to thank all creators, jury members, speakers, partners, supporters & viewers! You can watch the award ceremony at our website: die-seriale.de We would like to announce: The 7th edition of die Seriale will take place from 2-7 June 2021. #digitalseries #festival #webseries #webdrama #webfest #shortformseries #series #dieseriale #awardceremony #awards #seriale20 #serialepro #dima #giessen #hessen #hessenfilm @hessenfilmundmedien @giessen.de @hfmakademie